Monday, March 9, 2009

Down with Facebook!" - from the Weekly Standard

Down with Facebook! What nobody bothers to mention about the social-networking site is that it's really dull--mind-numbingly dull.
The Weekly Standard - by Matt Labash 03/16/2009, Volume 014, Issue 25

What nobody bothers to mention about the social-networking site is that it's really dull--mind-numbingly dull. Look at the outer shell--the parachute pants, the piano-key tie, the fake tuxedo T-shirt--and you might mistake me for a slave to fashion. Do not be deceived. Early adoption isn't my thing. I much prefer late adoption, that moment when the trend-worshipping sheeple who have early-adopted drive the unsustainable way of life I so stubbornly cling to ever so close to the edge of obsolescence, that I've no choice but to follow. This explains why I bought cassette tapes until 1999, why I wouldn't purchase a DVD player until Blockbuster cashiered their VHS stock. Toothpaste? I use it now that it's clear it's here to stay.

( I say use Friendster... it's more cuter... read more )http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/016/256implp.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment